Thursday, September 1, 2011

Moving Day Part 1

Moving is underway!  Sort of.  I'm working on getting everything packed in my car right now.  Before I was worried that everything wouldn't fit.  Now I'm wondering what else I can take along!

Tonight Mom and I are driving to St. Joseph, MI.  It's about 2 hours away, and more north than we really need to go, but it will knock a couple of hours off our time tomorrow.   Tomorrow is the big one.  We're driving from St. Joseph, MI to Johnson City, NY.  We were originally going to drive to Utica, NY, but Irene put a dent in those plans.  I-90 is closed for a good chunk of road.  Then it's on to GC!  I'm excited/nervous.

Last night, I received some of my books, including my Hebrew textbook.  So, being the nerd that I am, I proceeded to memorize the Hebrew alphabet already.  Here goes: alef, bet, gimel, dalet, he, waw, zayin, het, tet, yod, kaf, lamed, mem, nun, samek, ayin, pe, tsade, qof, resh, sin, shin, taw.  I did that all without looking!  Unfortunately I can't show you what the letters look like, so you'll just have to imagine.  Learning another language is more than just learning the alphabet, and judging from this book, it won't be easy.  Instead of reading left to right, which I've been doing for 26ish years, I will be reading right to left.  Backwards.  In another language.

No one said seminary was going to be easy.

Anyways, I'm excited to get on the road!  Only a few more things to do, then a lot of sitting around and waiting for my mom's cake decorating class to be done, and then we're off!  I don't expect to be able to post until late Saturday or sometime on Sunday, but maybe by then my dorm will look presentable, and I will post pictures!  Enjoy your Labor Day weekends!

No comments:

Post a Comment