Sunday, September 4, 2011

I'm here!

I finally made it!  That was the longest drive EVER.  Okay, maybe not ever, but I'm ready to stay out of the car for a while.  I'm all moved in!  Everything is set up where I want it to be.  My room is pretty large, but it is divided into two halves by the furniture.  So it's like Inception: I have a room within a room.  I'll post some pics:


So this is my desk.  When you walk into my room, it is directly to the left.  I brought the white shelving unit from home.


Here's my bed!  This was taken last night, so it's dark outside.  There's no air conditioning, so bringing the fan was a great idea.  The white square thing on the top of the white shelf is a lamp.  I bought that last night.  The light fixture in the room is on my roommate's side, so not much light gets over to my side.  And the lamp on the desk was too far away to turn off while lying in bed.  Underneath my bed is 2 dressers, both full to the brim.  My bed is kind of high up, I can't just crawl in bed, I have to use my desk chair to get up.


This is the view from my bed.  I have a bookshelf (it has a few more shelves that you can't see), and next to that is the wardrobe.  On the other side of the wardrobe and bookshelf is my roommate's half.  The door leads out into the living room.

I haven't met my roommate yet.  Her name is Brittanie.  She will be back sometime this week.  My suitemate seems nice.  She's from Taiwan, and her name is Grace.

This place is pretty dead yet.  I expect it to be more lively when more people move in tomorrow.  I met someone moving in today, her name is Rachel.  You should all be proud of me because I popped my head in her room and introduced myself.

Massachusetts so far seems pretty nice.  There's a lot of trees, and cute houses.  There's a lot of horses.  In fact, as I was driving around today, there was a horse show, and across the street was a polo playing field.  They have games every Sunday at 3.   I've never seen polo actually being played before, and I was kind of interested.  Admission to the game was $10 though, and I couldn't justify that.

I attempted to go to church this morning, but I wasn't connected to the internet, so I couldn't figure out where to go.  I only had my phone.  So I ended up looking for churches on my phone, and I thought I would try First Presbyterian in Ipswich.  I couldn't figure out where the church was when I started driving!  I got kind of lost.  There's a church fair later this week, so hopefully I'll find out more about the churches around here (including directions!).

I got gas yesterday, and it was $3.63 a gallon.  I'm pretty happy with that.  I don't know if everything else is cheaper around here, but I'll find out soon.

I'm really bored, but I can't think of anything else to write about.  I spent 2 hours reading Harry Potter in the great room.  While I was in there, only 3 people walked by.  The rest of the time the room was empty.  I don't know if it's like that every Sunday, or just this weekend.

Well, I think I may attempt to buy a new ethernet cord so I don't have to sit on my bed to be on the internet.  Hope everyone has a great holiday tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment