Sunday, September 18, 2011

First week review

It's been an eventful week!  I've had all of my classes, and the one that I like the best is Introduction to the Old Testament.  Although, I actually think I like learning Hebrew too.  I'm a weirdo.  I'm having trouble finding a place to do homework where I can concentrate and not be too social, but still be near friends.  I have found that I really don't like to be by myself.  It's strange, really, because I thought that my 2 years being alone at Calvin, and my 2 years being alone at home had made me an introvert.  But that's not the case.  I actually find that I am not in my room all that often. So for all of you who were worried that I wouldn't leave my room, there's really no need to worry any more.

So, call me strange (I do), but when I got back in a classroom again, it felt like coming home.  It felt so good to be sitting at a desk, listening to a professor, and learning things.  I love being here.  In looking at the future, I can already tell that it will be hard to leave this place when I graduate.  Unfortunately, I still have no real idea what I will be doing when I am done.  So I guess wherever God leads me is where I will be going.  Hopefully he will lead me somewhere, because I really can't handle when I lack a sense of direction.

I haven't played my guitar here in a few months, and it's starting to bother me.  I really want to play.  But since my suitemate is so sensitive to noise, I don't really feel like I can play in my room.  She left my roommate and I a note to close the doors quieter, that's how sensitive she is.  So no guitar playing, I guess.

I had a job interview at the YMCA this week for their after-school program, and hopefully I'll get that job.  I have no idea what it pays, but it would really work out well if I could do it.

Yesterday, I had the worst mac & cheese ever.  I thought that mac & cheese was something you couldn't ruin.  I was proved wrong.  It was disgusting.  The cafeteria is kind of hit or miss.  Sometimes it's great - we had turkey and stuffing and cranberries and mashed sweet potatoes the other night and it was amazing.  Other times it's disgusting.  Like mac & cheese.

Well, that is all I can think of right now, so hope you all have a good weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment