Friday, June 7, 2013

I don't like it here.

Just read the title.  That's how I feel today.  It kind of sucks.

My job isn't so bad right now, I'm working on the wait staff, which just means that I keep people's drinks filled and I set up for the next meal.  It's not terrible.

I just don't like the people.  I met Liam and Becca, the people that I will be working under this summer, and they're just...weird.  Youth ministry definitely has a type, and they are NOT it.  And I'm sure they do ministry well, they're just not the type of youth leaders I would expect.

All of the girls here are nice, but really only surface level nice, and it's hard to make any real connections.  People also seem to have friends already, and I don't.  Nobody seems interested in being my friend.

I also heard that we are going to be hiking mountains and I've done that before and I hated it.  So I hope there's not a lot of strenuous activity.  I'm also not in very good shape, so I can't physically do some of these things.  And I'm old.  I'm pretty sure that I'm older than the people that I'm working under.

I kind of wish I hadn't signed up for teen staff.  Christian Education might have been a better choice for me.  Even though I would have hated being stuck inside a classroom all day, I wouldn't have had to hike.

I think it would also be better if I had a friend come with me.

I think because I'm older than just about everyone, people don't know what to do with me.

I met my mentor the other day, and he seems nice.

I don't know.  I don't know what else to say except that I wish I had never come here.

Maybe that's melodramatic, and maybe it'll get better when regular season starts.

In other news, since I have no friends, I have been working on Greek and Hebrew a lot.  I am working through a Hebrew workbook and have decided to translate all of Philippians.  It keeps me busy.


No comments:

Post a Comment