Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Hello Mother...Hello Father...

Here I am... at CAMP!

Okay, so the all-caps and the exclamation point are a little...overkill.

The situation is not ideal.

Problem #1.  I have the smallest room EVER.  Literally.  I could not fit anything in here.  I brought in about half of my stuff and I still don't have room.  My storage space is a 5x9 room, and I think this room is smaller.  The bed is not even a full-size twin.  My head hits the wall, and my feet are just at the edge.  And it's narrow.  I currently don't have a roommate, and I hope it stays that way because there is no way 2 girls with all of their STUFF will fit!  Thankfully, this is only for a week, and we will be moving next Thursday to a place that is much nicer.

Problem #2.  The internet here sucks.  I have been attempting to send an e-mail for the last HOUR!  This post won't save, so I don't even know if I'll be able to post it.  I also wanted to post a picture of my room on here, just to show how small it is, but the internet wouldn't let me.

Problem #3.  People here are really clique-ish.  I'm sure some of that will change with time and as we get into our work assignments, but for right now, it's really not fun.

Problem #4.  I have been assigned to wait tables this weekend.  I've never done that in my life, and I know I'm going to mess up somehow.  I'll probably spill on someone.

Problem #5.  Said wait table position requires me to be there at 5:45 in the AM!

This is only for pre-season.  I don't think it's worth it to do pre-season, and I think given the opportunity to choose again, I wouldn't choose it.  But I didn't know what I was getting myself into.  Hopefully it will get better over the next few weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment